If you are an ACSOM medical school graduate who does not attain residency 36 months after graduation, you may be eligible for tuition reimbursement under the following conditions:
- You must have an active Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certificate.
- You must pass a criminal background check that does not disclose any unlawful actions, including but not limited to, conviction for a felony or misdemeanor that would disqualify you from entering a residency program.
- You must be a United States or Canadian permanent resident or citizen.
- You must have applied for at least three (3) iterations of the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) and must have applied to at least 25 applications to internal or family medicine programs, in addition to no less than 10 preliminary year applications per iteration in addition to any speciality interest applications. Canadian citizens must also participate in the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CARMS).
- This guarantee does not apply to graduates practicing medicine outside the United States or Canada.
To apply for the money back guarantee, you must submit a request in writing to the Medical School Registrar's Office within 60 days of the end of the 36-month period following graduation. Your request must include proof of your eligibility for the guarantee as outlined above, and such other documents we may otherwise require for your guarantee eligibility. If your request is approved, you will receive a refund of your tuition fees so paid by you, minus any applicable administrative fees. This guarantee is subject to change at any time, and the Medical School reserves the right to modify or terminate the guarantee at its discretion without notice to you.